Monday 1 October 2012

passion kampala



I was excited the day Matt and Jamie told me we were going to attend the passion Kampala,  i knew it was going to be great so i was prepared for the greatness it had to offer, Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio i had not heard  them friends or media but had sung Chris Tomlin songs in church for years and for Louie  he was my best from the time i watched him in his presentation on the "indescribable" in his expressing how God can't be described by human words, this was years back but the message still stuck in me.  
This time it wasn't watching both of them on a screen but watching them live, for this i was excited. great music i had heard of started led by Tomlin, what made it great was that it was original and singing a song among ten thousand believers was awesome, it was a reminder of how it isn't only one church believing in God but these thousands of people coming from different churches combine to make one church. Because of believers every where, am not lost among a multitude of believers because we have one language, a language of Jesus and love, that is so for we all believe in one God. 

Louie shared a message from psalms 148, 
praise the Lord
praise the Lord from the heavens, 
praise his in the heights above
praise him, all his angels
praise him, all his heavenly hosts
praise him, sun and the moon
praise him, all shining stars; 
verse 7 
praise the lord from the earth
you great sea creatures and 
all ocean depths
when the lord says stars, he means it, velopore  is a star that died and exploded, it spines 11 times a second on its axis. it constantly makes noise 24,7 all the time, which noise is the worship of God. 
The stars in the heavens can't stop worshiping God to worshiping an idol down on earth, they were created to worship only him and him alone. This makes me think why every now and then catch myself moving from worshiping God am meant to worshiping to worshiping people, technology, wealth and image, 
why can't i be like the stars who can't stop worshiping God? that's what i what but Romans 7:14-25 is true in my life.
i want to be one of the stars that can't stop worshiping him, when worship becomes my everyday thing subject, when i wake up worshiping him and sleep still in the same mood. i desire that my voice and actions be part of the symphony and lyrics of worshiping God. Louie demonstrated this by producing sounds of the stars from the heavens, sounds of whales from the seas, he combined these sounds to produces a symphony of the song,"how great is our God" the sound was perfect, the heavens, seas made music for God that the we the people on the earth just completed it by singing the song, that was amazing. it was neat. we indeed worshiped together with the stars ant the whales.

Deep in every one of the people on planet earth is a desire to become famous and popular, i will not talk about other people's today but will concentrate on myself. i didn't realize the full extent of this until i was on the ground watching Louie and Tomlin on stage. i know i went there to hear what the lord had to teach me through Passion Kampala tour. i had gone to rise one step high in my spiritual walk with the lord. but why i went there is because these were great people who were famous and popular all around the world, that's why they are able to make it a passion world tour. i believe that if these guys were just ordinary people only known by friends and relatives, its only the relatives and friends who would have attended passion Kampala.
The reason why Makerere ground was filled with approximately 10,000 people was because they had come to see these great guys of  God. I imagined being on a stage all gathered to hear me speak like Louie, wow. my mind drove me to thinking of what he had to do to be that popular and famous, in all of my thoughts and imaginations, i imagined Louie knowing me and among the 10,000 people calling me and standing where i would be seen by all those people. i don't know whether anybody on that ground thought as me or i just think to much. it wasn't Satan in control of my thoughts but God. even when my thoughts were focusing on myself, He used that to show me something greater than planet earth. 
I experienced God when Louie left the stage and Tomlin occupying it, among all his songs, this time he sung, 
"I WILL RISE" here is the lyrics.

And I will rise when He calls my name 
No more sorrow, no more pain 
I will rise on eagles' wings 
Before my God fall on my knees 
And rise 
I will rise 

There's a day that's drawing near 
When this darkness breaks to light 
And the shadows disappear 
And my faith shall be my eyes 

Jesus has overcome 
And the grave is overwhelmed 
The victory is won 
He is risen from the dead 

[Chorus:] 
And I will rise when He calls my name 
No more sorrow, no more pain 
I will rise on eagles' wings 
Before my God fall on my knees 
And rise 
I will rise 

And I hear the voice of many angels sing, 
"Worthy is the Lamb" 
And I hear the cry of every longing heart, 
"Worthy is the Lamb" 
[x2]

[Chorus:] 
And I will rise when He calls my name 
No more sorrow, no more pain 
I will rise on eagles' wings 
Before my God fall on my knees 
And rise 
I will rise.

 I lost it the moment i heard," and i will rise when He calls my name". wow, the holy spirit drove me to telling me that, someday, you will rise when He will call your name, in the presence of many angels, in the presence of those who would have gone to heaven, what made me even made me cry? it was too much not to, i will surely rise when he calls my name, wow, this was everlasting hope, it was also a reminder," Stop dreaming of earth, dream of heaven, Don't settle for less, there is heaven, it was a reminder that my aim should be heaven. Stop, its not about you, but for God, 
on this earth, it shouldn't be me in front of 10,000 people, but God at the center, and all around the ground.
Passion Kampala was in other words Kiggundu's passion for God, another passion for life, a passion for God, passion for worshiping Him and him alone. Christianity is not knowing about God, but being in relationship with Him. maturity in Christianity is not memorizing verses and doing great sermons but Hebrews 5:14, who is a christian who is mature? the one who by constant us of scripture have trained himself to distinguish good from evil. truth from lies, light from darkness. the moment i learn this, am mature. 

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment