Tuesday 2 October 2012

Desire, Passion and Dream




A lot can be said about the past, I have the power to decide what to do with what happened to me in the past, through all the hatred shown by relatives, the failures I have encountered just because I had selfish men around me. At a tender age, I was not given a chance to enjoy the benefits of childhood and all it had to offer me, there was no benefits to enjoy, it may look like I was denied them but you know, many children in Uganda don’t have what one may consider his rights, like many other Ugandans, I was forced to grow at a tender age, forced to be a man through difficult and trouble, through harsh words and abuse. When you ask me now if I would like to repeat that kind of life, no on no, I may not what to repeat any of the scenes of my childhood; I don’t care whether good or bad.  Dad died by suicide, his father died the same way, I live in constant fear of what the future has concerning what my leaving earth, I very much know that no matter how I leave this planet, my straight destination is heaven, for that am confident. But doubt comes when it comes to my stay in heaven. One my not understand this but looking back at my past, past has defined what heaven looks like, because of my not staying in a home for a long time, it has given me a fear of heaven being the same way, I know it will  great but someday it will be time for me to leave.
Like in many African countries, fathers in Uganda produce children with hopes of them growing up and helping their parents in the old age. Imagine growing up with parents, who hope that when you actually start working you will support them, one is not given a chance to live his dreams but actually lives his parents dreams up to the day they die, then live his dreams. Parents out here do not believe in building their children shades but believe in their children building shades for them, this is one of the many ideas in our culture that needs to change. At the time when dad died, relatives were ready to take all that he possessed without thinking of the three kids he left, selling all he had for their own benefits. We were too young to know anything about that. I do not rely on anything left by my father, because there is nothing left. I don’t plan living in walls he built but plan building my own walls, I don’t rest in shades planted by him for it was cut the moment he left earth. I don’t walk in paths paved by him but pave my own, I found not foot prints to follow but create my own. Living each day with fear and doubts of what lies ahead of me and wondering whether the foot prints I create and road I pave will last for my children to walk in them to, I pray that they may not have to create their own after mine have faded, this is because I have tasted what it means creating my own and making them last, I fear I don’t have what it takes. Living in humiliation, fear of what lays ahead, poverty, taken advantage of, getting the last priority, a deaf ear and a blind eye is everyday life for the fatherless. They are seen misfortune, a curse, disaster, problem and garbage even y their own people who should have love and nurtured them, this is not news to the fatherless but daily life. Hearts of fatherless children have come to hate love, not because they don’t desire it but because it was denied to them at the point when they needed it the most. And if presented, it was presented wrapped in a wrong package. This then causes them to protect their heart from further hurt of this kid, the heart builds a callas that normal love cannot penetrate, no wonder many fatherless are difficult to control.


95 percent of the world problems are caused by men, why? Because of the poor definition of manhood they have believed and therefore lived from childhood. I have come to believe that after Jay dangers talking about it and giving several examples. It’s time for men to rise up. My main concern is the young generation which has seen their fathers live selfish lives, living for the present without consideration of the future. It is us who have been hurt by the past that should rise. While others complain of their parents not buying them Christmas gifts, thousands are having to endure the pain of not mom not having food for Christmas launch. Many fathers don’t understand how crucial the role of parenting is in the lives of their children, fathers get up caught in making a living that they forget making a life in their children’s lives, while fathers are making a living, mothers are sacrificing their everything for the survival of their children, carrying a heavy weight which they were not meant to carry.  God gave men the power of influence in the family, and I believe that that many husbands and fathers are going to be guilty on the judgment day. Many men give a deaf ear to this kind of message yet their some men who regardless or the mistakes they made in the past and regardless of what their fathers did or didn't give will give the strength of their arms and the rest of their days to loving God, teach our children to do the same and possibly mentor others who have no fathers in their lives, but who desperately need help, direction and an arm of guidance in their lives. This is what I am dedicating to be,

Michael Jackson after living a threatening and abusive life with his fathers, he was right when he said, when a child lives this life knowing he is loved,
And leaves this life knowing he is loved,
Then what happens in-between will be is to deal with.
The identity of each growing child lies in having the confidence that he is loved, unfortunately, many of us grew up with nothing close to that so have struggled finding and seeking identity in that which is not. Seeking approval, looking for merits and pleasing people so that we may feel the empty space created by the absence of loving, caring, protecting and guiding fathers. If you have one who is close to this, its time you made use of him. many seek to have one who they talk to, one who will guide their paths, one they will trust, lean on and one who will look in their eyes and tell them, “ that’s not right”, unfortunately they find none, because the ones they are looking to for counsel are also in regrets. They are all looking for someone. You have someone.
My whole life is about breaking statistics, am not settling for less, am lot doing what the world tells me to do to be successful but doing that which the bible tells me to be in a relationship with Him, I never had a glace on my dad or torched him or him torching me, I live with a hope that when we meet on in heaven, he will look at me and for the first time hear his voice say, “am proud of you son” I wish we meet! I can look at the past with a reason that stops me from dreaming of a great future, the past does not give enough good reasons for me to stop dreaming, it rather offers perfect reasons for me to dream higher than heights, deeper than depths and wider than east and west. I have kind off tasted a better life than the one I lived a decade back and now I want to live the rest of the life this way. A life of hope, a life with a future, a life with dreams and more than anything, a life of love. The story is not a mistake but was part of his creation story, like Jenny Dangers blog tittle says, “HIS STORY, “MY WORDS”, this is not my story but his story active in my life, which I decide to express in my own words. Like in John 9:2-3,
I believe Jesus’ answer to his disciple answers the whys behind my story. If this story does not bring me near to Christ, then I would have lost it. I wish it didn't happen but at the same time the past does not determine my future, it only makes my story and gives me a testimony. God gave me this story, it’s his story. I believe that God’s story does not end in ashes, and mine is not. Am not going to let this story be a stumbling block but am using it as a stepping stone to reach the skies.
It might be hard for anyone reading this, hard is it for the one who is writing it? It is hard but the more times I've told the story, the more time I have become confident with it. The more the healing, I live to give my children that which I did not get at a tender age,
I live to planting shades for my children,
I live to make them trails,
I live to building them walls,
I live to leaving them marks,
I lie to leaving them foot prints.
Shades which they will trim,
Trails they will pave roads out of,
Walls they will turn into houses,
Marks of cornerstones and
Foot prints they will follow.

I want to live a life in a way that when it’s time to for me die, I don’t regret of what I didn't do, but dying is the only thing am left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment