Wednesday 6 March 2013

midnight prayer

Give life to my dead hopes, O,God my rock
Straighten my bent and weak points
Awaken my slumbering faith
And arouse my love for you just for another day.
I was nothing before you breathed into me;
your power was displayed when you redeemed my life form distraction,
And now glory you demand
but what is there in me that can glorify you? Other than my longing heart
Pride from your very provision has taken the glory you ought,
My heart has loved what you gave me more than its provider
It has rested for the shadow rather than its caster
And loved beauty more than glory,
What a wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of death? (1)

At dusk I wait patiently for your healing hand
I awake waiting in the morning for your new rising grace, as the sun brings forth my strength
For when I see you lord, I get the strength to face the day
Satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love o, lord,
That I may sing for joy all the days appointed for my breathe (2)
Let your faithfulness surround me every minute that I move
And may your favor not depart from my presence.
May your grace be close in areas where my weakness renders me worthless
And your mercies let them go before me till sunset.
Let the lord my God go before me and the lord of Israel , let him be my rear guard. (3)

Don’t punish me more than I can bear,
Yet sharpen my understanding and make me fit for the kingdom’s call
Search me o, God and know my heart; try me and know my thoughts,
and see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.
Treat me not according to the past, not according to my unbelief and disobedient heart,
For my attitude was against your will and my hearts character divided from your holy law.
Let your holiness reach my yesterday,
Clear and forgive my guilty conscience of days far gone
Free me from the haunt of heart breaks caused by my shortcomings
Living not by the failures of my past
But by the new hopes gained through your redemption
Because you rule even in my yesterday.

Protect your servants heart from today’s confidence
Prevent my heart from settling for less,
Hoping in that which is but for a moment
Am surrounded by a lot that promises satisfaction, faked gold and shiny silver.
Metal and plastic has waged war within me, as to which I should go after,
Cotton and leather has taken ahold of me
Yet I know that it is you who has purely what my soul needs.
You Jesus son of God,
Now, I seek rejoicing in each day you have set before me, saying,
This is the day the lord has made, I shall rejoice and be glad in it.
Taking each day as a step to meeting my appointed destiny of knowing you more
A day of getting close to having an intimate relationship with you my lover and savior
So let your ever present presence follow me even in days when I fail
My heart shall not shake because it is for this reason I was born,
To know you and seek your face in the process of giving your glory
For there is no power that circumvent the firm resolution of my determined soul.

Much indeed lies in days to come and beyond where no lustful eyes reach
I give you my trust and hope as a burnt sacrifice.
Only you knows what is before me so may I find favor in your sight for days to come.
Little have I seen yet the more I see the less I know for sure, (4)
This is when you teach me to number my days that I may gain a heart of wisdom (5)
Make me prosperous in the land where an alien am
Making me glad for as many day as you have inflicted your servant,
Yes, for as many years as I have seen trouble (6)
Making history fall far away from your great promises
Let hatred, malice and corruption fall back into the deep slope of yesterday
Love and peace plus justice lead my path into tomorrow
Not walking in the path paved by evil men but trusting the godly that saw the sun before me
And when my voice echo after me, then I shall see your faithfulness even for the weak
Walking in the foot prints marked out for me until you call me home.

Now like a rising storm stir me up for your name sake
Like a raging fire spark within me burning desire for your glory
And on the altar of my praise, let there be no other higher name than Jesus crucified
Offering my body purely as a living sacrifice
Seeking you daily for the saving of my soul
life is a storm, busking in the sun for one moment and shuttered on the rocks the other (7)
help me know what to do when waves blow hard upon my small boat
remind you to trust you not only in dark but even in complete day light
in days when all hope is gone and the sky too close to my head,
be my refuge and hiding place
gratify my heart’s desire lord, that my joy may be made complete
set my heart to pursue only that which carries eternal value
so that I may not waste the opportunity of leaving a godly legacy for generations to come.
Form life’s first cry to final breathe you alone determines my destiny
And till you return or call me home, here in the power of Christ I stand,
AMEN!

1. romans 7:24
2. psalm 90:14
3. Isaiah 32:12
4. john Lennon
5. psalm 90:12
6. psalm 90:15
7. Alexander Dumas
BY: kiggundu wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment