Wednesday 10 October 2012

IS THERE ANYONE WHO FAILS?

Is there anyone that fails?
is there anyone that falls?
anyone that blows it up?
anyone that wishes?
or am i the only one today feeling so small
so empty and so discouraged

because when i take a look at those around me
everybody seems so strong, happy and courageous
i fear that they will soon discover
that am weak, full of fear and that i do not belong.

so i tuck it all away as deep as i can and as quickly as possible,
and pretend like everything is smooth, perfect and okay.
if i make them all believe it, may be i will believe it too
So with a humble face, wordless tongue and creative hands,
 i play the game once again.
so that everyone will see me the way that i see them.

am i  happy really?
under the shiny plastic smile and waving hands
with walls around my weakness and anxiousness thoughts
with stench around my doubts and fears.
with clouds around the rising sun
and smiles that hide my pains

but if the invitation's open
to every heart that has been broken
to every heart that has fear and doubt
to every heart that has lost trust
to every heart that longs and yearns
maybe then i will close the curtain
on our stained glass masquerade

is there anyone who's been there
are there any hands to raise
are there any knees to bow
am i the only one who's traded
in the altar for a stage

the performance is convincing
and i know every line by heart
only when no one is watching me
can i really fall apart

but would it set me free
if i dared to let anyone see
the truth behind me
that may imagine me to be

would your arms be open to hold me from falling
or would you walk away
would the love of Jesus and his promises
be enough to make me stay.

i surely don't belong,
is there anyone who falls
anyone that fails
or am i the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment